E-book(let) by Zana now available from Amazon
A short guide to understanding and managing anxiety, jargon-free and without over-medicalised explanations. Includes suggested coping strategies with cut-out-and-carry reminder cards for those times when a prompt is useful.
No Kindle? Amazon has a free e-book reader you can download to your device.
How I can help
My name is Zana Parker and I am a qualified and accredited Counsellor.
I work with adults who want to talk about many different kinds of concerns. In addition, given my rather unique set of qualifications and experience, I have a special interest in working with anyone who has concerns arising from pregnancy, birth and/or becoming a parent.
I work in private practice near Totton, Hampshire in an easy-to-find location outside the town. My room is located just off the main A35, accessible from Romsey, Southampton, New Forest, Winchester and surrounding areas.
Do browse around my website to find out more about me and the counselling service I offer and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
What might counselling help with?
There are many reasons why you might choose to have counselling...
- You might be finding it difficult to adjust to a change in your life, perhaps following bereavement, divorce or separation
- You might feel "stuck" or unsure and feel unable to move forward
- You might feel sad, anxious or tense
- You might like some time just to focus on you and to explore how you relate to others and the world around you
Perhaps you'd like to...
Understand yourself more deeply
- Build self esteem
- Lift low mood or depression
- Move forward from a life event
- Understand and manage anxiety or stress
- Adjust to change
- Be kinder to yourself
- Understand and improve the way you relate to others
- Live a more fulfilling life
Pregnancy, birth, parenthood
Being additionally professionally qualified as an antenatal educator and hypnobirthing teacher I also have a special interest in working with people who want to explore concerns connected to having a baby. For example...
- Feeling anxious or scared about labour and birth (even if you're not yet pregnant)
- Postnatal depression
- Suffering a scary or traumatic birth experience
- Pregnancy termination
- Feeling disappointed
- Coping with new emotions
- Struggling with adjusting to parenthood
- The impact of a baby in your life
I am happy to consider working with anyone who feels they might benefit from counselling at this challenging time of life, whether you're a mother, father, an extended family member or a friend.